INTAKE AND ASSESSMENT
Once you make contact with us we will schedule a time for you to speak with our Director of Admissions or Head of School. During this call we will gather information about your child to determine if Athena Academy and our teaching methods may be beneficial to him/her. After this determination is made we'll ask that you submit the following:
- A completed online application.
- All assessment measures (such as WISC-IV, GORT-4, GORT-5, Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement III-NU Math fluency and calculation subtests, IVA-Plus) and a summary from a testing professional
- Report cards and/or written evaluations from the most recent school year
If you have not yet had an evaluation which includes one or more of the above mentioned assessments we can make a referral for testing to be completed.
After the application materials are submitted your file will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee consisting of our Admissions Director, Head of School and select faculty.
The final step in our application process is a campus visit. Your child will integrate into and participate fully in two days at Athena Academy.*
*Due to COVID restrictions, our admissions process may be temporarily amended.
Once the admissions process is complete there are three possible outcomes:
- Your child is admitted unconditionally
- Your child is admitted with conditions. In this situation admission will be contingent upon your child receiving additional outside support as appropriate
- It is determined that Athena Academy does not have a program that will meet your child's needs.