We know the application process is stressful for families. In this section we try to make the process as clear as possible. Please feel free to call us at (650) 543-4560 if your questions aren't answered.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS: Athena Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Did you know that 529 plans are now able to be used for K-12 education? Check with you tax adviser regarding your particular situation.
Where to begin
- Read about the students we serve and don't serve to see if your child seems to fit.
- If you think your child would benefit from Athena Academy, feel free to contact us to talk. You can also proceed directly to the admission process.
- To apply, it is important for you to submit your child's Educational/Psychological tests to us, along with their most recent report card.
- If you haven't done Educational/Psychological testing for your child, call us for advice and a referral.
What we do once you apply
- Our Admissions Committee reviews the application and reports.
- If the review of your child's application requires further assessment they will be invited to meet with our Dyslexia Assessment Specialist to explore their Visual-Spatial aptitude.
- Applications for children with more complex diagnoses are referred to our Pediatric Neuropsychologist for review and input.
- If the review of your child's application indicates that they would fit our program, your child will be invited to participate in a two day campus visit.
The decision to admit a child is a group decision based on the input from our Head of School, Admissions Director and our teachers.
Please read through the following pages of this section for the details you will need to know to apply. At this time there is no fee to apply.
Feel free to print out the Application Form available on the next page and submit that to us via mail, by fax or in person, so we can begin the review process immediately. We can also send you an Application Packet if you prefer. Simply request that information from anne@AthenaAcademy.org