We know the application process is stressful for families. In this section we try to make the process as clear as possible. Please feel free to call us at (650) 543-4560 if your questions aren't answered.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS: Athena Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Did you know that 529 plans are now able to be used for K-12 education? Check with you tax adviser regarding your particular situation.
Where to begin
- Consider if your child is a fit for our school. Athena Academy serves students with dyslexia and visual-spatial strengths and twice exceptional students in grades 1 - 8. Many students with dyslexia also have diagnoses of ADHD, APD, and expressive or receptive language challenges. We are able to serve students with these concurrent diagnoses, but are unable to fully meet the needs of students with more severe or complicated profiles.
- If you think your child would benefit from Athena Academy, feel free to contact us to talk or fill out our admissions contact form. You can also proceed directly to the admission process.
- To apply, it is important for you to submit your child's Educational/Psychological tests to us, along with their most recent report card.
- If you haven't done Educational/Psychological testing for your child, call us for advice and a referral.
What we do once you apply
- Our Admissions Committee, consisting of our Admissions Director, Head of School and select faculty, reviews the application and reports.
- If the review of your child's application requires further assessment, they will be invited to meet with one of our admissions team members to explore their Visual-Spatial aptitude.
- Applications for children with more complex diagnoses may be referred to an outside consultant for review and input.
- If the review of your child's application indicates that they would fit our program, your child will be invited to participate in a campus visit or online session based on your program preference.
The decision to admit a child is a group decision based on the input from our Head of School, Admissions Director and our teachers.
Please read through the following pages of this section for the details you will need to know to apply. At this time there is no fee to apply.